It’s quite common for people to ask how to post a photo on some of the internet forums I visit so I thought I’d create an easy to follow walk through.
I tend to use http://imageshack.us to host my images, so I will use this for my walkthrough.
- Open http://imageshack.us/
- Choose the location of the photo.
Select image if the photo is on your pc or url if it is a link to a photo from another website.
- If the image is on your pc click the browse button to find the image on your hard drive.
- If your photo is very large it can cause problems on the forum so you can resize it first. I choose the 640 x 480 (for message boards) option.
- Then click the “host it” button
- The page will then redirect you to a page displaying various “codes” for you to use (depending on where you wish to post the photo). Scroll down the page. For most forums I use, the following code works (hotlinks for forums (1))
Then copy and paste the code provided and simply paste the code into your forum post.
- Alternatively you can use the direct link to image
- Then on the forum there is normally an option to “insert an image” which will look something like this (depending on the forum).
- Then a window will pop up and simply enter/paste the direct link to the image.
Hopefully you will have then successfully posted your image.